Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Midori Christmas!

Mori
Itsukishima
Hiroshima Prefecture
December 27

To Ojiisan, Obaasan, and Chihiro-basan:

A very merry Christmas to you all! Have you received my presents? I made sure that I used the special delivery option so that you could receive them in time for the holidays. I hope you like the model car, Ojiisan; I know that you've had your eye on that particular one for ages now. I think that Obaasan won't mind you tinkering with it too much, though, since I got her a Luciano Pavarotti CD to keep her occupied as well. I can imagine her listening to it over and over again.

Chris-neesan and I spent a delightful Christmas together. She gave me a bit of bad news, though. It seems that Eowyn, the roommate that I was expecting, may not come after all. I had such high hopes that I would meet her soon. Perhaps the time is not right.

However, she did give me a cat for Christmas. You know how I've always wanted one since I arrived here. I think I'll call her Tonic. At least now I'll have someone to keep me company every day.

I do hope that you are all in the best of health and that you'll continue to enjoy your holidays. I only wish that I was there spending them with you.

All my love,
Your Midori

No comments: