Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Day at the (Other) Office

Mori
Itsukishima
Hiroshima Prefecture
March 12

To Ojiisan, Obaasan, and Chihiro-basan:

Perhaps taking pity on my overworked state, Chris-neesan took Seth and me to her new office. The place is a rather big studio of red and white walls. So very industrial and modern. I confess an ignorance to interior design, but from the approving looks of Chris-neesan's colleagues, it must be quite impressive. Large block letters that spell out their company's name greets visitors at their reception area, which Chris-neesan declared the perfect place for our photoshoot.



Notice that Seth and I were joined with another person. He was Mr. Grey St. John, but there was barely enough time to speak with him. I found it quite rude that Seth insisted on staying away from him. I was too tired to argue with him this time, but I do hope that I'll have better sense than to listen to Seth the next time we encounter Mr. St. John. I am not quite sure if you will approve of him, Obaasan, with his wild looks, but he gave me no reason to doubt that he was a perfect gentleman.

Maybe I'm not giving Seth enough credit, though. For all his cool posturing, he does seem to look out after me. Of course, he looks out for the Agency first and foremost, but perhaps I come a distant second. Today he made sure that I ate properly and he never left my side even when Chris-neesan did. Now, now, don't get mad at Chris-neesan; she had other things on her mind. Besides, as I pointed out, it was not as if I was really alone.

Yours,
Midori

No comments: